What We Do
The ABA clinic at Innovations in Learning treats children diagnosed with Autism. Children participate in an intensive treatment program that promotes a full-time language rich environment, using principles of Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA). ABA is based on scientific principles of learning and creates an atmosphere to promote positive behavior change. With a focus on motivation, reinforcement, and evidence based practices, ABA therapy helps children acquire developmentally appropriate skills such as language and social interaction. ABA targets problematic behavior through functional behavior assessments and data driven decisions to help the clinicians create behavior support plans that reduce challenging behaviors and increase functional skills.
Using individualized programs, 1:1 instruction, and evidence based practice, we teach our kids that learning is fun!
YOUR CHILD’S DAY
Children attending the intensive program will do so Monday – Friday 9:00 – 3:15. All children are assigned to a team that includes a Board Certified Supervising Therapist and Registered Behavior Technicians (line therapists). The following is a list of some of the skills your child will work on throughout the day:
- Requesting items/activities using your child’s preferred communication method
- Following directions
- Motor and vocal imitation of others
- Beginning and advanced conversation skills
- Attending skills
- Group skills
- Transition skills and following a schedule
- Daily living skills
- Social and play skills
- Learner readiness skills
Your child’s progress depends greatly on generalizing skills to the home and community. Therefore, active parent involvement is required for continued enrollment in our program. Parent/Guardian involvement will include:
- Complete your child’s assigned weekly homework, created to increase relevant skills.
- Attending monthly parent sessions with your child’s supervising therapist.
- Attending 2 parent/guardian trainings per year.
ABA therapy is most effective when everyone works together!