EDUCATIONAL AND TRAINING PROGRAMS
Innovations is invested in offering relevant training opportunities for the community and other professionals. Available program topics, Registered Behavior Technician training, Teacher Boot Camp, Autism, Asperger Syndrome, Applied Verbal Behavior, management of difficult child behaviors, positive parenting, and others. We also offer training to assist families in coping with their special needs individual. Please contact us if you are interested in scheduling a training.
Multiple groups are available based on current needs and enrollment. Please contact us for additional information.
INTERNSHIP TRAINING PROGRAM
OPPORTUNITIES AT INNOVATIONS
Students may choose to participate in any of the following programs:
- The ABA Clinic incorporates the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis in an intensive clinic-based setting to teach communication and adaptive behavior skills to children, ages 3-12, diagnosed with Autism. This program is open Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 3:00pm.
- The Adult Day Services incorporates principles of Applied Behavior Analysis to teach social, academic, and life skills to adults with Autism and/or Intellectual Disabilities. This program is open Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 3:00pm.
- The Behavior Management Department incorporates the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis in a home- and community-based setting to children and adults diagnosed with Autism, Intellectual Disabilities, and other Neurodevelopmental and Behavioral Disorders. Regular business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 7:00pm.
- Assessments accepts Master and Doctorate level interns who are interested in learning skills for administration, interpretation and report writing for a variety or neuropsychic and psychological testing protocols.
- Supervision is provided by multiple level professionals depending on degree requirements. Innovations has BCBA, LCSW, HSPP and LMHC level supervisors.
TRAINING EXPERIENCES OFFERED:
- Data collection, graphing, and analysis
- Direct functional assessments
- Skills assessments
- Skill acquisition plan writing
- Instruction/skills teaching
- Staff training/supervising
- Indirect functional assessments
- Functional analyses
- Behavior reduction plan writing
- BRP implementation
- Case conceptualization
- Instructional design
- Interdisciplinary collaboration
A completed Innovations In Learning application must be submitted, in addition to the standard school requirements, in order to schedule an interview. Hiring requirements include a full background check among other requirements. For more information please email email@example.com.
8200 Georgia Street
Merrillville, Indiana 46410
WHAT WE DO
The in-school therapy program provides individual, group, and family counseling services to students within the school setting. In addition, the In-school Therapist provides character education programs, peer mediation, staff and parent trainings. The Therapists play an integral role in the daily activities of the school including the Response to Intervention team, and helping to address behavioral concerns, and helping to create more effective learning environments.
- Individual Counseling
- Family Counseling
- Group Counseling
- Class room in-services (i.e. character education, bullying prevention)
- Teacher in-services
- Parent in-services
- Development of reward programs (individually and classroom)
- Emergency/Crisis intervention
- Special Awareness/ recognition events (i.e. Red Ribbon Week)
- Continued counseling services during summer break
Innovations is committed to meeting all levels of treatment needs. Starting Fall 2018 we will be
Increasing opportunities for individual, family and group therapy in our outpatient department.
Services are provided by licensed and mid-level providers and include a diagnostic evaluation and development of a treatment plan with measurable goals. On going services are provided in the clinic for an hour weekly or biweekly depending on treatment needs.