EDUCATIONAL AND TRAINING PROGRAMS
INTERNSHIP TRAINING PROGRAM
OPPORTUNITIES AT INNOVATIONS
Students may choose to participate in any of the following programs:
- The ABA Clinic incorporates the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis in an intensive clinic-based setting to teach communication and adaptive behavior skills to children, ages 3-12, diagnosed with Autism. This program is open Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 3:00pm.
- The Adult Day Services incorporates principles of Applied Behavior Analysis to teach social, academic, and life skills to adults with Autism and/or Intellectual Disabilities. This program is open Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 3:00pm.
- The Behavior Management Department incorporates the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis in a home- and community-based setting to children and adults diagnosed with Autism, Intellectual Disabilities, and other Neurodevelopmental and Behavioral Disorders. Regular business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 7:00pm.
- Assessments accepts Master and Doctorate level interns who are interested in learning skills for administration, interpretation and report writing for a variety or neuropsychic and psychological testing protocols.
- Supervision is provided by multiple level professionals depending on degree requirements. Innovations has BCBA, LCSW, HSPP and LMHC level supervisors.
TRAINING EXPERIENCES OFFERED:
- Data collection, graphing, and analysis
- Direct functional assessments
- Skills assessments
- Skill acquisition plan writing
- Instruction/skills teaching
- Staff training/supervising
- Indirect functional assessments
- Functional analyses
- Behavior reduction plan writing
- BRP implementation
- Case conceptualization
- Instructional design
- Interdisciplinary collaboration
A completed Innovations In Learning application must be submitted, in addition to the standard school requirements, in order to schedule an interview. Hiring requirements include a full background check among other requirements. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
8200 Georgia Street
Merrillville, Indiana 46410
WHAT WE DO
The in-school therapy program provides individual, group, and family counseling services to students within the school setting. In addition, the In-school Therapist provides character education programs, peer mediation, staff and parent trainings. The Therapists play an integral role in the daily activities of the school including the Response to Intervention team, and helping to address behavioral concerns, and helping to create more effective learning environments. Innovations currently supports The River Forest and Lake Station School Corporations with full-time In-School Therapists.
- Individual Counseling
- Family Counseling
- Group Counseling
- Class room in-services (i.e. character education, bullying prevention)
- Teacher in-services
- Parent in-services
- Development of reward programs (individually and classroom)
- Emergency/Crisis intervention
- Special Awareness/ recognition events (i.e. Red Ribbon Week)
- Continued counseling services during summer break